Sunday, September 4, 2011

Life kicks you..... Death kicks harder.....!! Part-1



Different people have different views about death. Some believe in the cycle of life and death, some believe this is the only life we have, some believe in the concept of karma and various other views are prevalent. But, that is not what I am thinking about at the moment. 

I sometimes think that can there be a time when a person thinks that whatever he/she wanted to achieve here, on earth has been achieved and is now prepared to die satisfactorily. Can there be a time when a person says that all things that I thought I would do in this life have been done and now I am all set to face the end of this life. 

May be it does not work that way. Human psyche has been wired in such a way that we never stop with any aspirations, if we achieve x we want to achieve y, if that is also achieved then we want to go for z; and this sequence never ends though what we forget here is that there is a fixed lifetime which we have here but aspirations have no limit. So, in such a scenario isn't it a good idea to first think hard about that one single goal which we want to achieve in life, that one goal after which we are even prepared to face death and then stick to it until it is not achieved and also promise ourselves that this goal will be the last one in my life.

Anyways, I probably am nowhere near to what my post title is about. My opinion is that is it really required to be an achiever, a successful person, is that what we really here on earth are for, is it what is going to stay even after we die ?

I will continue on it in my next post.....

2 comments:

  1. hoho.. very good content | please visit back my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.. interesting start to a well-discussed topic. Life and Death. . will be waiting for the next part. :-)

    ReplyDelete